Join this innovative programme today, support the grid and earn at least £2.00 per KWh!
Hurry up, first round of registration is open until 01/12/2023. The sooner you register the more potential incentives you can get.Join the programme
Are you a SolarEdge battery owner located in Great Britain?
If so, it is a great time to help stabilise the grid! Enroll your SolarEdge battery to this programme and get paid high rates to share your stored energy during peak winter days.
Help keep the nation’s grid in balance with your SolarEdge system and make money while you’re at it!
Are you an installer?
Help your customers enroll to the programme. They'll get more rewards from their systems, while supporting the electricity grid.
How the programme works
During regular system usage
Your home runs on energy produced by your solar system and complements it with power from the battery and/or the grid.
Before a peak event
We’ll send you a notification email about the planned event. We'll make sure that your battery is sufficiently charged prior to a scheduled event.
During a peak event
Your battery will automatically discharge its energy to reduce your grid consumption and export surplus energy. After the event ends your battery will return to your selected battery profile.
Demand Flexibility Battery Programme Benefits
No commitment – You can choose to opt out from the service at any time.
9 - 10 expected Demand Flexibility Service events
At least £2.00 per KWh contributed from your battery during an event
Example: One SolarEdge Home Battery, with an eligible export MPAN, discharging at maximum power of 5KW and participating in nine 1-hour events of battery discharge
9 x 5KWh x £2.00 = £90
* There is no guarantee about the minimum or maximum number of events. Events can be test or real events depending on ESO.
** The total amount of your incentives will be paid via a digital voucher sent to your email by June 2024 for all events taking place until 31/03/2024
For full terms and conditions click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Demand Flexibility Service (DFS), introduced by the Electricity System Operator (ESO), allows you to earn rewards for shifting electricity usage outside of peak demand hours. This allows the ESO to manage supply on the electricity grid when demand is high and margins are tight.
The DFS was introduced in winter 2022/23 and over 1.6m households and businesses participated, supporting the ESO ensure supply meets demand every second of every day.
ESO is incentivising customers to reduce their electricity usage and help maintain a more stable grid. SolarEdge Home battery owners can share their battery storage to achieve maximum reduction without the burden of changing their behaviour. Eligible system owners with export MPAN (export meter) could earn higher incentives by exporting surplus electricity back to the grid. By participating, system owners earn rewards, while using their SolarEdge Home system to help keep the nation’s electricity stable.
To participate in this programme, you need to meet the following criteria:
- At all times comply with the programme Terms & Conditions.
- Be a resident of Great Britain.
- Own a SolarEdge Home Battery with a SolarEdge single-phase inverter that is connected to the internet and registered under the SolarEdge Monitoring Platform for the last 30 days.
- Have a working electricity smart meter which has been sending 80% of half-hourly readings for the last 30 days, with at least a full day’s worth of half-hourly readings.
- Have a registered import and export MPANs, associated with your address in the database of Smart DCC Ltd.
- Not participating in the delivery of balancing services or any similar service for ESO or any Distribution Network Operator.
Peak events are most likely to occur in weekdays between 16:00-21:00, and each event can last between 30 minutes to 4 hours.
Events can be scheduled anywhere from a day in advance to a few hours in advance of the Peak event time. After an event is scheduled, we will send you an email with the event details.
In preparation for events, we will take care of your battery, so you will not have to worry about it. Before the DFS event starts we will charge your battery from PV and if needed from the grid, to make sure your battery is sufficiently charged for participating in the event.
Currently, participants in the programme will not be able to use some battery modes, like “Utility rate plan” and “Peak Rate Hour” Time of use modes or “Manual Control” Mode and participants on these modes cannot register to the programme. Our team is actively working on enabling participation across all battery modes. Stay tuned for updates.
- SolarEdge will reimburse you at least £2.00 per KWh of demand reduction or energy export versus a calculated baseline during Demand Flexibility events.
- If you are an eligible system owner with a verified export MPAN, your battery can discharge up to 9.7 KWh per event at a maximum power of 5 KW.
The total amount of your incentives will be paid via a digital voucher sent to your email during June 2024 for all winter events you participated in by 31/03/2024.
- If you are eligible to participate, submit your application by clicking Join the Programme and following prompts on the registration page.
- We will then check your site eligibility to participate and validate that we can identify your import and export smart meter data per the address you provided.
- once verified, we will inform you via email and ask you to complete your registration by authenticating your meter details.
- If you are not eligible, we will inform you via email.
At any given time, you can only be registered with one DFS provider. Unlike the previous 2022/23 season, this time you can register with our program even if you are already registered with another provider of DFS, and by doing so you will be automatically transferred to our service. ESO will always associate your participation with the last provider you registered. If you’re not sure whether you are registered with another service and what could be the implications of transferring to our service, we suggest you verify this before registering with us.
Your MPAN (Meter Point Administration Number, also called Supply Number) is a 13-digits number that can be found on your electricity bill, or on your In-Home Display menu. It will help us uniquely identify your meter for this service.
To complete your registration, we will need for verification the last 4 digits of your In-Home Display device number (GUID), which can be found on the back or the bottom of your In-Home Display device.
First round of registration is open until 01/12/2023. The sooner you’ll register the more potential events you’ll have to help the grid and earn money.
No, you can participate only after your registration is approved, so the sooner you register, the more you can earn.
ESO didn’t publish an end date for the Demand Flexibility Service. We believe that most of the events will occur during the winter season and until 31/03/2024.
You can always de-register from the programme by clicking the de-registration link we provide with our email communications and follow the instructions. You can also provide a written request to DFS_support@solaredge.com (please allow us up to 15 days to process).
Please visit https://www.nationalgrideso.com/electricity-explained/electricity-and-me/esos-demand-flexibility-service for more information on the programme from the Electricity System Operator (ESO).
For any other question you can contact us via Whatsapp +447360261181