Registration for the DFS program for the winter season is now closed.
Are you a SolarEdge battery owner located in Great Britain?
If so, it is a great time to help stabilise the grid! Enroll your SolarEdge battery to this programme and get paid super high rates to share your stored energy during peak winter days.
Help keep the nation’s grid in balance, minimise reliance on polluting fossil fuel generators and make money while you’re at it!
Are you an installer?
Work with your customer to complete the enrollment form.
How the programme works
During regular system usage
During peak event
After an event
Demand Flexibility Battery Programme Benefits
No commitment – You can choose to opt out from every event
|3-6 expected Demand Flexibility Service events||At least £2.50 per kWh contributed from your battery during an event|
|Example 1: One SolarEdge Home Battery, with an average consumption baseline of 2kW during events, participating in six 1-hour events of battery discharge||6 x 2kWh x £2.50 = £30|
|Example 2: One SolarEdge Home Battery, with an eligible export MPAN, discharging at maximum power of 5kW and participating in six 1-hour events of battery discharge||6 x 5kWh x £2.50 = £75|
* There is no guarantee about the minimum or maximum number of events. Events can be test or real events depending on National Grid ESO.
** The total amount of your incentives will be paid via an Amazon eGift voucher sent to your email by June 2023 for all events taking place until 31/03/2023
Frequently Asked Questions
- You are SolarEdge system owner, with SolarEdge Home battery
- Your system is in Great Britain.
- You have a smart metering system. If you have an import MPAN, during an event you will be able to discharge the battery to the amount of the house load. If you also have an export MPAN, during an event you will be able to discharge at the maximum power of the battery and earn higher rewards.
- You are not registered under another Demand Flexibility Service provider
In preparation for events, we will take care of optimizing your battery, so you will not have to worry about it. In the hours before the DFS event starts we will charge your battery from PV and if needed from the grid. We will also disable battery discharges few hours prior to the DFS events to make sure your battery is optimized for participating in the event maximizing your contribution to the grid when most needed and your rewards.
- SolarEdge will reimburse you at least £2.50 per kWh of demand reduction or energy export versus a calculated baseline during Demand Flexibility events.
- If you are an eligible system owner with an verified export MPAN, your battery can discharge up to 9.7 kWh per event at a maximum power of 5 kW.
- If you are an eligible system owner without an export MPAN, your battery can discharge up to your consumption level during the event.
- For example, a SolarEdge Home Battery with an export MPAN can earn on a 2-hour event up to 9.7 kWh x £2.50 = £24.25.
If you are already registered with another provider of National Grid ESO Demand Flexibility Service you must deregister before you register with our service. If you will be registered under multiple providers you might be disqualified from any participation. If you're not sure whether you are registered we suggest you verify this before registring with our service.
Your MPAN (Meter Point Administration Number, also called Supply Number) is a 13-digits number that can be found on your electricity bill, or on your In-Home Display menu. It will help us uniquely identify your meter for this service.
We will also need for verification the last 4 digits of your In-Home Display device number (GUID), which can be found on the back or the bottom of your In-Home Display device
- Best-in-class 94.5% efficiency means more energy
- Competitive 10-year warranty with 70% retention and zero power cycle limitations
- Easily control your battery and other SolarEdge devices, like EV Chargers, with one app: mySolarEdge
- Learn more at https://www.solaredge.com/uk/solaredge-home